Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a MB2050 printer that had a paper jam. I removed all

Customer Question

I have a MB2050 printer that had a paper jam. I removed all he paper I could see but it is now indicating code 5C01. I have followed the instructions and it still comes up with the same code. Have you an answer or do I contact ***** *****'s ? It is only 1 month old.
***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Peter, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Please give me a few minutes to pull the technical manuals for your printer, and time to review, and i will be back shortly with some information.Please check back often.
Can you confirm what the make and model is again please?.I know the model is MB2050, but what is the make?Is it a Epson?Is it a HP?Is it a Canon?What is it?
Also....what kind of computer are YOU using?Are you using a Mac? Or are you using Windows?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Canon
MB2050
dell E520 Vista
Perfect, Thank you!Please stand by for further instructions.
The 5C01 error code is a Printer Error, and is resolved by a simple machine REBOOT. I assume you followed the instructions VERBATIM?.And, Are you 100% sure you removed all the PAPER from the machine that could have caused the Jam?There might be more than one place to look.I am looking for an illustration for you to follow, for the multiple places to look for a paper jam.
When Paper is Jammed, a troubleshooting message is displayed automatically.What message code did you FIRST get, when you FIRST had the PaperJam?It should NOT have been the 5C01 message. i assume this code cam AFTER you cleared the paper jam.