Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

When I send a document to the printer I get the message "creating print data".

Customer Question

It then just sits there mocking me.
My wife can print on her new laptop and my laptop can send by bluetooth to a sound bar so I suspect that it is a setting on my laptop but no idea which one.The trouble is my laptop can see the printer (ink levels etc) but won't print unless I use a USB cable, then it works perfectly.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jess replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Have you been able to print to your Canon printer wirelessly before? Or you have not made it to work even before?Is the laptop running Windows 7, 8 or 10?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, printed wirelessly fine when I first got the printer but can't remember when it stopped.
Windows 7
Bob
Expert:  Jess replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob,Thank you for writing back with that information. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix your printer issues while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'd rather not.
Expert:  Jess replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob, Thank you for writing back and I respect your decision over remote access. I am afraid I cannot help you with this one without the remote access option wherein I will be able to actually check your printer settings and configuration. Please allow me to opt out so that my fellow experts can help you further. You will be notified when someone joins you here.Thank you very much.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted. You may try unplugging the printer if connected and then you have to power off the printer and leave the printer.Now on your computer try uninstalling the existing driver from the computer and reboot the computer after rebooting it then you can download and install the full featured printer driver. While installing you can select wireless and complete the install. let me know how it goes.