Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Photo XP-950 printer which works excellantly. However

I have a Photo XP-950 printer which works excellantly. However when trying to print a longer than usual document it seemed not to be able to print more than 10 pages with pages 9 and 10 overprinted with other later pages. Is this an inherent limitation which would mean treating it as 2 separant documents or is there some way I can adjust the settings?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try going into the printer's driver settings, on your computer, and unchecking (or, disabling, turning Off) the setting for'use buffered printing'or'Use printing with buffering.' Let me know, whether that helps or not. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have searched the settings and the printer specifications but nowhere can I find any reference to buffers. It is basically a photo printer so it may be that the problem is the size of the printer's memory then when the memory is full it just overprints its memory. As the document is an annual report which largely consists of tables pasted in I think I can get round the problem by pasting these in a separate section labelled as 'Section 2thank you for your adviceChas
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I hope I provided some insight on the situation. (The 'print with buffering' option might not show up in your printer's driver settings because1. you are using an Apple computer2. you are not looking in the printer's driver settings - in Windows PCs, located inControl Panel - Device and Printers - right-click upon your printer's icon - choose Properties, and there you are in the printer's driver settings3. you did not install the full and proper driver for your printer, making the settings less extensive. Please rate my answer, so that this case can be closed. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - but I was slightly confused because on the software I am using it is included in a section dealing with Spooling. I have now sorted it out in my mind. The delay in replying was because being over sensitive to viruses I keep my mailbox on my ISP's website and read mails received as web pages.
Your replies helped me to clarified the matter.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** consulting JustAnswer.com.I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.