Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

Brother MFC J65220DW printer scannerfault message 'no power'

Brother MFC J65220DW printer scanner
fault message 'no power'
all checked reset and rebooted.
There followed one time message on device screen, as home page came up, with 'all systems closing down'.
There seems an internal loss of power
How do I restart the device?
Anthony Warren
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.I wish to cancel your service and have my money back. The service is too slow and not what I want .Ido not understand your English
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Anthony. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or logic board. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2013 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising as this machine was designed and built for only a 3 year service life.There is no "code" that would resolve this, however there is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluationunplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then releaseIf this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.This is something that would require repairs to correct; at that point it is time for a new printer. While it can be fixed, it is not practical to do so. You'd be in the $150 range to have the internal power supply replaced, and a logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
heavens! all come alive and working after repeat of the message initially. where do i rate the difficult to follow site? 10/10 for 'Nathan'
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Any rating you reflect is for me personally only (the site doesn't really get a rating). I'm glad that reset worked for you! If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan