Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Got a 3 dash paper jam fault alert. No sign of any paper in

got a 3 dash paper jam fault alert. No sign of any paper in the machine. Cant cancel the fault alarm. Pixma MG3550
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The three-dash fault, means your printer's display shows three dashes, I presume, like this:- - -or---? Try pulling the power plug on the machine, while it is On.Leave it that way for 3 hours or longer.Only after that interval, and after also checking the interior of the machine for any obvious fault, jam, loose parts, paper-clips, etc., should you plug the power in again and turn it On.And see how it is and whether the display has changed. Let me know how it goes, and also how old the printer is, and whether the interior looked dusty, and I will have further suggestions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Tried your suggestion twice with no success. Printer is about two years old, has moderate use and is very clean inside and out. This model does not have a screen, the alarm is a flashing yellow light.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
So what did the "three dash paper jam fault alert" mean, that the yellow light flashes three times? Your printer, let me ask before advising you further:Did it have a paper jam, for real, at first? and if not, when did this problem start, and under what circumstances? i.e. when first turned On, or after a print job, or otherwise?