Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I am unable to use the scanner. What do I do? Simple steps,

Customer Question

I am unable to use the scanner. What do I do? Simple steps, please. Alan
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Hi there Alan and welcomeIs the issue you are getting an error when you try to Scan? Or you just do not know what you need to do in order to scan a document?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just don't know what to do
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Alan for clearing this.Are you on a widows or Mac computer and which version?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ThanksCan you click on the windows logo (the start button) in the bottom leftThen type IJ Scan UtilityThis is the program that you use to ***** the program has opened you can click on Scan and perform your Scan there.Let me know the results please Alan.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do you mean by Start button bottom left? I have a windows box top right
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, normally its on the bottom left, but you may have moved it but its the windows Logo button you click to access your files. The white picture the 4 box windows.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes, I know it. But where do I type in IJ Scan Utility after I've pressed logo?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Yes, Type that in once you press the button please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But where do I type it in? No box appears. Sorry for this stupidity, Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Its ok Alan!Just click the button and start typing, the box will come up then/.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What I get in response is something about scanning my laptop and cleaning it up. This isn't what I want. Any suggestions, Richard?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, really not sure what you typed in Alan, but you just needed to type in IJ Scan Utility And click on it when you see it in the list. I can connect to your computer and do this for you if you wish?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm getting nowhere with this Richard. I'm going to pack it in. Thanks for trying. Alan
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Alan, can you tell me please exactly where your getting stuck? As your misunderstanding the instructions and if I see how, I can show you this.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've lost patience with it, Richard. Don't let's waste any more of your time or mine. Thanks again for trying. Bye.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok Alan, well Ill mark this question to never close, so you can return here at any time and we can continue, this is no problemIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you