Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

I have an MX515 and it jammed trying to print an A5 sheet.Error

Customer Question

I have an MX515 and it jammed trying to print an A5 sheet.Error message 5100 came up. I could see the sheet from the rear access but it wouldn't move. From the front I managed to pull it a little way but then it tore leaving about a third of the sheet behind. I tried plugging it back in but it wouldn't do anything. I can't see any of the paper from either the front or the back.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear about your problem, I can understand how the situation is at present, as I have also faced this problem many times at my home. But, there are many ways to remove a jammed paper from the printer, which should solve the problem. Unless the paper sensor is damaged due to the jam or while removing the paper, as it is a very delicate part and can get damaged due to any pressure. You can follow the steps from the link below and try to remove the jammed paper. https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART137528
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was referred to a website that is no more help than the online manual. Have I been charged £18 to be told to 'contact the service centre'?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Actually this is the problem we face, when any customer do not provide complete information as you have never mentioned anything about trying the steps from the link, I thought that you have not tried those steps and posted this link. Anyway, please let me know, if you still need help on this issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I certainly still need help or a refund
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
OK, are you able to remove the cover from the bottom of the printer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 89 and not too good on the phone. Can we communicate by messages?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
No problem, the phone service is an optional service, just avoid it and reply me back here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do now?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
You did not replied me to my last query, are you able to remove the cover from the bottom of the printer after following the steps from the link ?