Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a canon pixma MG5550 printer. When it has photocopied

I have a canon pixma MG5550 printer. When it has photocopied text or an image, the copied version now has a grey background. As I'm working on wedding stationery this is quite a problem. I have looked at the printer details, but being a dinosaur when it comes to technology, it is all gobbledegook!
Can you help?!
***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try setting the density or Darkness of the photocopies made by the printer, to a lesser setting. Gray background in photocopies can come from that simple adjustment being set too high / too dark. Are you using normal ink supplies (i.e. Canon OEM-made, not refills nor 'Canon compatible' inks / cartridges) ? that can be a factor in such problems, sometimes.