Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Brother printer MFC-J6510DWI use it a lot and

I have a Brother printer MFC-J6510DW
I use it a lot and overall I'm delighted with it.
I have one criticism and that is concerning vividness of print, both black and white, and colour, in ordinary mode. I would like deeper blacks and more vivid colours, such as I get with my much older stand-by printer.
I'm quite happy with saturation and vividness in photo mode onto photo paper.
Use of the 'vivid' button doesn't do much.
Is there any solution? Obviously, if there is, it would use more ink. Your help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Jim (Crawley, Sussex)
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Do you have the printer in 'Draft' mode, or in 'Normal' quality mode?Look in the driver settings for the printer. Look for a High-Quality Mode setting, and enable it. See if that makes the difference.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for delay in reply, but I had already tried all the options you listed.
I was hoping that there might be a basic manufacturer set internal ink-flow setting from which all other flow settings start. I'm comparing my Brother printer with my old HP 1280 Deskjet which produces a noticeably blacker (and deeper colour) result in ordinary paper mode. I can get a somewhat better Brother performance by using the photo-paper setting on ordinary paper but this is very slow. Photo setting on photo paper is excellent. Otherwise I'm pleased with all other aspects of my Brother printer.
Regards, Jim
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Well... if photo paper settings produce darker more distinct color but are slow, that's natural... photo paper settings basically lavism more ink per square inch.Photo paper setting with photo paper is of course the best quality.