Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My starwriterjet300 won't print, could my cartridge be dry,

Customer Question

My starwriterjet300 won't print, could my cartridge be dry, I had it filled, but still won't print. It has sat for a long time, how can I get it going?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If your StarWriter were an inket printer, I would say it had a clogged printhead. This happens owing to periods of disuse, esp. if it has been unplugged and/or Off for a long time. Ink dries in and on the printhead, clogging the pores and preventing ink from reaching the page. For an inkjet printer, the cure is doing some Printhead Cleaning cycles, separated by 1 to 2 hour pauses with the StarWriter turned On, but not being used actively. This lets waste ink soak into the printhead and hopefully unclog it eventually. Do you know how to make the StarWriter do a Printhead Cleaning cycle? if not, I will research and let you know the whole procedure, if instruction material for this old a device is still findable.