Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

I have a BX305FW Printer and had my first problem.I

Hello.
I have a BX305FW Printer and had my first problem.
I printed off a 15 page document perfectly from my PC e mail attachment.
I spilt liquid on the first page so I put the process through again and after the first page printed. I pressed the Cancel/Clear button. The print stopped but the phone button and the Fax button lights began to flash and on the screen "Printing error. See the documentation"
upon several button pressing sessions. I now have on screen " Fatal Code : OxF1
Can you explain what I can do to proceed please. Everything I try just produces a 3 beep noise.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2010 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.Epson heads are not serviceable, so this is considered a fatal error that cannot be fixed. There is one step you can take here, to reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault. While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $150; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan