Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My cannon ipf605 is saying clean printer head. I have done

Customer Question

Hi, My cannon ipf605 is saying clean printer head. I have done this many times until it said change printer head. I have changed the printer head and then it said change maintenance cartridge. I did this and now it says clean printer head. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. 1. you could turn this difficult case over to Canon Servicing.or2. you could replace this chronically troublesome printer.or3. if it is less than a year old, turn the whole problem over to Canon Servicing, free of charge, under warranty. When the printer demands stuff that goes in a circle like that, it is a bad sign, just as it would be with people. Therefore, one thing is certain:Try *one* printhead cleaning. Just one.If it demands more, the question is: are you using true Canon-OEM-made ink supplies? or, are you using 'canon-compatible' or refilled or remanufactured ink supplies? if the ink is not Canon-OEM-genuine, then it may be causing trouble.