Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Dear *****,a number has just been sent to my pinter C4EBA645

Dear *****,a number has just been sent to my pinter C4EBA645 What do i do with this code because there is no other option shown on the printer if i try to switch it off the number will change, please what is the next step to take. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I am not sure at this point, what the number sent to your printer means. Are you in the process of doing anything like registering the printer? e.g. to Google Cloud? And, is the printer networked, or is it directly connected with a USB cable ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, it is not connected with U S B cable and am not registering the printer, neither is the printer networked. The printer was loading up but did not know what it was loading, at the end of the loading, it came up with the number.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I quite agree with you, let's talk on the phone, my number is ***** please call me , i can also call you if i have your number, Thanks
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time.)
So the printer is not connected to a network nor to a computer yet - is that true?It's an HP printer.That may be an error code then.Is the printer new and is this being set up for the first time?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Russell, my printer is (hp ENVY 120) i bought it band new over a year ago,it is wireless
and was working quite alright until i noticed recently, the scanning malfunction, i think i
now understand your statement of networking, yes, i don't know why the scanner started showing those
vertical coloured lines, every other aspects of the printer (photo copying, printing and every other functions ) are working alright,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If you give me your phone number i can call you please
Your HP printer is 'sick', that number was an error code. Probably a 'fatal' error code.Your printer will, most likely, need repair. But try this first: Turn the printer Off.Unplug it from the power.Leave it that way for 2+ hours.Restart your computer meanwhile.Then, make sure there is nothing in the printer's queue on the computer.At the end of that time only, plug in to power again.Turn it On.Just let it initialize, don't try anything with it yet.Note, observantly, what appears on the printer's screen. Exactly and in full. (If it works OK after that, of course, no need to worry about the messages. But if otherwise, the messages in full are needed for me to be sure what's going on.)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think a step before the other will be the best approach, i still cannot rate you because the
scanner in my printer is yet to be working properly i will switch it on tomorrow morning to try your
suggestion.
Not rating yet is fine. I'll await with interest whatever happens tomorrow.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well, i accept your apology, all i want is for the printer to work, am not giving up until you tell me you cannot
fix it that's when i know the printer's scanner has out lived it's usefulness. Thanks
OK, let me know when you have tried what I suggested.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I switched off the printer,removed the plug from the mains last night and switched it back on this morning
and tried the scan but still did not work.
Turn it On.Just let it initialize, don't try anything with it yet.Note, observantly, what appears on the printer's screen. Exactly and in full.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable