Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

HAVE RENEWED BOTH INK CARTRAGES . TROUBLE TO GET THEM ACCEPTED.

HAVE RENEWED BOTH INK CARTRAGES . TROUBLE TO GET THEM ACCEPTED. ERROR CODE 3807 IS NOW SHOWING. WHAT CAN I DO ?.
has a customer of Kodak I should not have to pay for an answer to put right a product by said company
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had error3807 appear then later error 3513
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Eric. This is a paid support service. Kodak provides no support for these products anymore. Once the 1 year warranty is up they are done with you. Unfortunately this symptom indicates a hardware problem,specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2011 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault. These Kodaks are widely regarded as some of the worst printers ever made, they were very poorly designed and built and have very high failure rates. They were so bad that Kodak nearly went bankrupt supporting all the warranty claims, and stopped making inkjets entirely shortly after this model.While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $60, A logic board would run you $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou Nathan for your advice. I cleaned the heads and have got the printer working again. I will change the printer when all the fresh ink is used up.
Once again thankyou Eric