Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a iP7250 printer which was working fine a week ago but

I have a iP7250 printer which was working fine a week ago but now the print dialogue box says it can't find the printer. It seems to start by saying printing page 1 then it reverts to can't find the printer. The blue wifi symbol on the printer lights up as usual. The only thing that's happened in the last week is that I have a new hub from Virgin Media but I wouldn't think that could affect the wifi on the printer?
Help.
Denis
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Denis and welcomeThe new hub is what has caused the problem, as it is not connected to your wireless network anymore, and therefore not reachable.You need to install the printer onto the network again like when you first received it.First, remove the printer from your computer by right clicking on it under devices and printers and selecting remove.Then on the printer connect it to your wifi network via the below stepshttp://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/ip7250_printer_wireless_connection_setup/Your following the instructions for Standard Connection MethodThen ones its added, on your computer click on Add printer and it will find it again, and you can click on it and install. I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Virgin hub had a WPS button. I followed your instructions and the printer is working. I am on a Mac laptop and I'm used to having people with technical know how should things go wrong. Unfortunately I have just retired so have to fend for myself. Thank you for your swift and accurate response, I would have been aimlessly switching things on and off in the standard Apple fashion!