Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a LaserJet Pro 200 colour MFP m276nw all in one

Hi I have a LaserJet Pro 200 colour MFP m276nw all in one printer which is two years old and has started to put horizontal lines in all colours in bands across the printed page. The ink cartridges are full and I have not damaged the printer which has worked perfectly up until now. Any suggestions please, Chris
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Chris and welcomeI would like you to do a print clean please.To do this, on the printerFrom the Home screen, touch the Setup button.Touch the Service menu.Touch the Cleaning Page button.Load plain letter or A4 paper when you are prompted.Touch the OK button to begin the cleaning process.Once done, do a print and tell me how it then looks please.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Richard
This has made no difference. Still getting horizontal banding of each colour on the page.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you to do a calibration pleaseOn the product control panel, open the System Setup menu.Open the Print Quality menu, and select the Color Calibration item.Select the Calibrate Now option.Let this complete and tell me how it now prints please Chris.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Richard
This has made no difference either. The horizontal colour bands are still printing. Chris
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it can be a faulting cartridge or a faulting print head Chris.Can you put new cartridges in the printer and tell me how it then operates please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am reluctant to do this as the supplier will refund the new cartridges if unopened. I am really at the time of thinking should I give up on this printer and start again with a new one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cartridges are nearly new in the machine probably fitted only a few days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
understood, but then it will be the printhead that has faulted, if you feel the print cartridges are not at fault. It's a 50/50 chance between this and the cartrisges and I understand your reluctance.I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you