Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I tried without out success to upload a document from my Cannon

Customer Question

I tried without out success to upload a document from my Cannon Pixma but now the pixma will not print documents from my laptop nor will it copy documents. There is a blue light on which I think means it is stuck in the upload mode. What do I need to do to get it back to print documents both from my laptop and from the pixma folder?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've tried it once without success and am trying it again removing the plug from the socket rather than removing the connection at the back of the printer. I will wait a further ten minutes and let you know if the problem is solved. The first time I removed the connection from the back of the printer and then reinserted again there was a message saying I had turned it off correctly. I will get back to you after the second attempt. Peter
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I meant INcorrectly of course. I've put the plug back on turned the printer on and that blue light is still showing so the problem has NOT be solved. Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, not too clear sorry Peter so want to be sure, but did you disconnect the printer from the power for 10 minutes? So it had no power?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am deaf so I cannot telephone you. I will disconnect it a third time now and get back to you again in ten minutes - maybe I did not leave it disconnected long enough. Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
ok, it must not have any power Peter.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Noi, it does not help. The blue light is on when I switch the printer on. I have disconnected the printer from the mac this time. Peter
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dont know if you got my last mail (I think I switched the broadband off as well by mistake. Am having a fourth go with the printer disconnected from the mac. Will get back to you again in a further ten minutes. Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Peter It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.We have ruled out all other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you