Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Epson printer CX9300. paper only feeds initially. paper jam

epson printer CX9300. paper only feeds initially. paper jam error shows but there is no paper jam. I extracted a foreign object from the paper feed( a plastic golf tee!!), there is no apparent damage. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting youLet me know how old is the printerwas there any ink cartridge replacement done recently
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i will call you in 2 minutesin the meanwhile, please follow these stepsremove the cartridge and turn off printerunplug powr cord and keep the ON button pressed for 10 secsmanually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forthalso clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on itclean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcoholNow check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it. you may also blow air in these areasonce done turn the unit back on and check
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
AS we have attempted the reset and cleaning procedures during our conversation over the phone call the unit would need a service and since its more than 5 years old, out of warranty repairs contact# ***** epson has been shared: 0871 42 37766.