Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I am fed up with losing the wireless connection. How can I

I am fed up with losing the wireless connection. How can I connect the printer with a lead and which lead do I use?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Was wireless working fine previously?Have you tried to disconnect the power cords from both the printer and the BT Hub modem devices for a few minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit, and check?When you go to the Wi-Fi / WLAN / wireless menu on the printer, does it see / detect your wi-fi / wireless network name (without entering it)?But yes, you can just get a USB printer cable for direct connection; it's more stable.On the computer, you would go to Control Panel - > ... Printers for Windows (or System Preferences -> Print & Scan... for Mac), and delete the Canon printer there, then you just connect the printer to the computer and in a bit, it will work automatically for Windows (for Mac, you would add the printer.)- Please let me know if you have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 or mac computer, so I can provide more details.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer does not find the wireless network when I enter the Hub name and yes it was working previously. It has happened before and I ma fed up with it. That is why a lead seems more convenient.
Sorry about that. It should be easy. Can you get a USB printer cable from your local computer / electronic / office stores ; it should cost only a few pounds.Do you have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10 or Mac computer?Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The newest version of Windows
Windows 10 right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Here are the steps:Get a USB printer cable.Right-click on Start button (which is windows logo icon at bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Control Panel.Open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.Right-click on Canon printer and Remove / delete it and confirm. Make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.Make sure printer is powered on.Connect the USB printer cable from printer to computer.Wait a bit, and the printer should automatically be installed.Then you can print via direct connection.Do you need anything else for now? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
That is great and I will try it out when I have the cable.Thank you
You're welcome. If there is any issue later on, you can always get back to me (we've emailed you, from JustAnswer / Viet.) Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,