Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Since upgrading to Windows 10. Although printer was originally

Since upgrading to Windows 10. Although printer was originally ok, now seem to have lost wireless connection between laptop and printer and therefore no longer able to print or scan.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Please click here and download and install the driver and software packageinstall the software for wireless connection let me know if you face any difficulty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Completed download etc and after having to connect usb cable between printer and laptop, although blue light on printer no longer flashing, message on screen showing "unable to find printer"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also now using my iPad to message you, as laptop appears to have lost Internet connection !
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
is your laptop connected via wifi to the router
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but this seems to be happening with some but not all websites,as still have access to google .co.uk - windows.microsoft.com -
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
give me few mins i am working on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I've just go into settings - network & internet - Wifi - clicked on my broadband link and now ok again!!
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
ok does your printer show connected to the router
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I check that? The wireless blue light is on the printer and no longer flashing
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
ok on your computer...open control panel..devices and printers..click on add printerfollow the steps and let me know that if your printer gets detected or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
having gone into devices and printers, it appears that it's listed 3 times in slightly different format but make and model exactly the same in each listing, so do you still need me to add printer or do I need to remove device first
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
remove all the devices that are already listed and then do an add printer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that but showing refresh and "the printer that I want isn't listed"
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
ok...would it be fine if i remote connect and setup the printer for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes please
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
click here for remote accessin the page that opens click on i agreedownload and install the elsinore screen connect file and allow it to run
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
once computer has restarted , let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's very slow starting I'm afraid
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i am reconnected
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer himichelleclive: michelle this sidemichelleclive: i am now connectedmichelleclive: you can chat with me on this caht windowmichelleclive: let me know if the printer is on or offGuest: ok thank youGuest: it's switched on and connected to laptop via usb cablemichelleclive: okmichelleclive: please leave the mouse and i will setit upGuest: okmichelleclive: i will restart computer oncemichelleclive: in case i do not get connected automatically please post me on the just answer pagemichelleclive: i am reconnected...michelleclive: please unplug printer usb cord from computermichelleclive: let me know once doneGuest: have donemichelleclive: okmichelleclive: let me know if it printed or notGuest: yes great thank youmichelleclive: you are welcomemichelleclive: i would like you to know that remote access is a paid service but i have not charged you extra for it