Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a B200 fault alarm on my Canon MP560. What is the

I have a B200 fault alarm on my Canon MP560. What is the problem?
Guy
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. First, try unplugging the printer while it is On.Then, leave it that way, overnight, or at least for 4+ hours.Plug in again and wait for it to initialize fully. Does the error code recur?If so, please let me know what cartridges you are using (Canon OEM original, Canon 'Compatible', refills, etc.) ?And let me know how old the printer is, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Russell,
I have done this. When restarted the error message reappeared almost immediately (initialisation process was just a couple of clicks). Printer was bought in July 2010. I have been using compatible cartridges from IJT Direct.
Guy
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Here's what one person did to successfully reset the B200 code (which, to warn you, usually does not reset and requires repair): open cover (as if to access cartridges, and with power Off), shove print head manually to left all the way.Rapidly push "On" button a bunch of times until unit beeps with funny sounds and goes completely dead...... then rapidly push "On" 5 or 6 times and notice the print head move to the right.Shut the deck, everything may work at this point. Try it, let me know if it works, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, didn't work. Pushed the print head to the left. When I pushed the on button several times rapidly nothing happened and print head moved back to its rest position with a message that the black cartridge was not recognised. Changed the cartridge, printer initialised and the B200 message returned. looks like the print head is faulty.
Guy
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I think I agree.If the printer is less than a year old, Canon will fix it for free under warranty.If over a year old, replacing the printhead is risky. They cost a fair amount, and often enough do not solve the problem. If you would like to try sending it for repair (esp. if it is within warranty), here's the info for that: http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/repair.aspx and select thePIXMA Printers checkbox, and Search to find that only 2 repair centres are listed, in S. England near London. Let me know - or rate my answer, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what I thought. Thank you for your help anyway.
Guy