Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have just brought my printer to a standstill by jamming it

Customer Question

I have just brought my printer to a standstill by jamming it with a wodge of paper, which I can't remove from the rear of the machine.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is a Pixma MG4250
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Printer, not camera. Not sure why you are offering a phone call with a digital camera technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. (I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.) Turn the machine off, then unplug the power cord.Stand the machine with the right side facing down.If you can see the jammed paper at the front tray, stand the machine with the front tray open. When you stand the machine, confirm that the document cover is closed.If a memory card is inserted in the card slot, remove it before you stand the machine.When you stand the machine, hold it securely and be careful not to hit it on a hard object. Push the open lever to open the transport unit. https://support.usa.canon.com/library/attachments/ServiceWareImages/LDImages/WSSS/NewWSSSImages/G0108599.pngthenhttps://support.usa.canon.com/library/attachments/ServiceWareImages/LDImages/WSSS/NewWSSSImages/G0107018.png
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, there are now three layers of papers jammed, which are just too thick to remove, jammed in too tight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think I have to take it to a repair centre, unless you can tell me how to open the top of the machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sadly, you haven't told me anything I didn't know already.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Well... are the papers under the carriage? if so, take it to a repair center.If not, where are the papers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are all jammed into the usual route that papers pass through, there are just too many of them to continue. I can see them wrapped around correctly when I open up the rear, but I can't pull them out.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I would take it to a shop. If you pull out that much paper yourself, you may damage delicate parts of the printer. And if you try to remove the cartridges first, it may make things worse, so don't open the printer's top up (not with the power On, anyway.) If you could take a picture and post it to me, that might suggest something else to try, but I doubt it. Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.