Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My Canon Pixma MG6450 is making all the right noises when I

My Canon Pixma MG6450 is making all the right noises when I send to print and even takes its time as if its printing but the page comes out blank, even when I try a test page. I have replaced all the ink cartridges. Any ideas or is it a repair job. Only been using it for 3 months but brought it about 18 months ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Done that before, but I will try again, back in 10.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, just to be sure, thank you Steve.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No this way is fine if you don't mind?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Not sure what your referring to Steve? I am waiting on you to complete the instructions.What did you mean with that last message?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Sorry Richard I was being asked if I would prefer to use the phone instead of typing.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ah ok, thats the website asking, you can ignore that Steve.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I think you deleted something else in the formula by mistake, I made it for A3 here=SUMPRODUCT(MID(0&A3,LARGE(INDEX(ISNUMBER(--MID(A3,ROW($1:$25),1))*
ROW($1:$25),0),ROW($1:$25))+1,1)*10^ROW($1:$25)/10)was this meant for me?
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
No, it was a mistake, for another customer, that's why I removed it.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok, just going to restart the printer........
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Just going to try the test page...
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Its still blank Im afraid
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
thanksCan you follow the instructions in this video and clean the printhead please.If nothing on the first go, run it 3 times and tell me if you get anything then printingClick me to openLet me know the results please.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok again Ive tried this, but Its the way to go.
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok, run it a few times if you have done it once before please.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Just have to change the yellow cartridge
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** it 3 times and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What a nightmare, but a good one. I have tried this loads, maybe without unplugging for 10 minutes, Its printing now. Do you have any idea what was going on because none of the inks were dead empty and it was only advising that I change them. If one is really low do you think it stops the others printing. You would think that it wouldn't even go through the motions pretending it was printing. And why or how by turning it off can it resets itself? I am making you earn your £18 aren't I? Regards Steve
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.
Good to hear Steve and its no problem.It was a combination of restarting it and the print head clean we did. It forced it to check the ink, correct it and allow it to print again.Good its all working again!If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering