Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Having just recently replaced my Dell printer with your MX925

Customer Question

Having just recently replaced my Dell printer with your MX925 printer I find that the prints are vastly different and inferior to the Dell, as far as the old grey type photos are concerned. The Dell produces normal black & white prints whearas my Canon produces mauve colour prints. (Printing in colour is Ok) This is just not good enough, what could be the problem if indeed there is one. Gordon McGee.***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gordon, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.You can try to adjust the color saturation, using the included software for the MX925..Although, printers will use different inks, which will yield different color saturations.The majority of inkjet printers use liquid ink of some kind, whether it is pigment-based or dye-based. Pigment-based inks bond to the paper somewhat better than dye-based inks, reducing the likelihood that ink will bleed through the paper. Dye-based printer ink provides brighter colors in a wider range, but bleed-through is more common.
Any updates on this?