Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My MG3550 Canon printer comes up with error2,140,21 when I

Customer Question

My MG3550 Canon printer comes up with error2,140,21 when I try to copy a document. The yellow warning light is flashing twice
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stopped functioning when I replaced the black ink cartridge....which I have done before with no problem
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike. Welcome to justanswer.Are you using Windows. If yes, then Go to "devices"Click on "Printer"Click on "Stop printing"Clean cartridge and push reset button for 5 sec.Reply if error persists.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks have done but still persists.... the yellow light in the triangle with lightning sign is flashing 3 times
Check for any jammed paper or bits of paper in the tray.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have checked and nothing there....scanning function does not appear to work either however normal printing seems to be ok
Expert:  Seth Merrick explains replied 1 year ago.
Are there any other steps -- at all -- that you've already tried, beyond what you've mentioned so far?(for instance, turning the power completely off, unplugging the printer, waiting 60 seconds, then re-plugging & turning it back on?)I'd like to be certain & clear of what other steps you've already taken or tried, before going further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried the unplugging/60sec wait. It appears to be just scanning and copying that do not work. I can still print on the MG3550.I have not tried any other solutions and found the online handbook not helpful. When I try to copy after a few secconds it feeds a sheet in and then it just runs it through without printing the document on the copying plate. The yellow light then starts to flash twice every few seconds.
Hi Mike,Thanks again for that info.Q: Have you attempted to contact Canon support on this issue?If so, please let me know what the result(s) of that were.If not, please let me know, and I can provide that you information.In addition, I have other troubleshooting steps we can take a look at:Q1a: Is this a brand-new ink cartridge, or one that you already owned & had refilled, or a used one from someone else?Q1b: What business did you purchase it from?Q1c: Did you purchase it online or in-person?Q2: Can you remove the ink cartridge again — and turn it over very carefully — examine it from every side & angle; top, bottom, front, rear, left side, right side…… lift up any flaps/panels, & see whether there is any *orange tape* — or anything else — that might be part of the packaging/protective materials… which would need to be removed, first?(Sometimes, I myself have been a bit hasty and overlooked one tiny bit of orange tape sticking out of an ink cartridge…. if it’s not all carefully removed, this can keep it from functioning.)Q3: How many paper trays/feeders can you see on this device (e.g. front & rear)?Have you checked any & all of them for paper jams, bits of paper, etc?