Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

EPSON Expression Home XP-422. Serial No: UDLP133171. MODEL

EPSON Expression Home XP-422.
Serial No: UDLP133171. MODEL - C462N. Bought 30.04.15. Warranty End: 29.04.16.
I bought my printer online and don't appear to have any instructions!
I had to stop the printer suddenly 2 days ago and since then it has refused to function at all. On the Printer Screen it tells me that there is a 'Printer Error and to turn power off and on again. Error Code: OxF1'. I have done this numerous times but to no avail.
I am over 75 and live alone so, unfortunately, have no one to seek help from.
This Printer hiccup is SO FRUSTRATING!!
I DO HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Elizabeth. Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use, though it should last longer than this. At this point, there is really nothing you can do, the printer will need to be repaired or replaced, and your best recourse at this point is to contact epson to file a warranty claim - they should replace it for you. You may call 01952 607 111 to file a claim. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am very disappointed that you cannot give me a more satisfactory answer for the £33.00 I have paid. Can I have a refund please?
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.
There are some reset steps we can attempt if you'd like, but I can tell you from experience that this is a hardware issue and replacing it is the only logical outcome.I've answered your question here per the terms you agreed to. I wish I had more optimistic news, however in cases such as this I'm limited to diagnosing and explaining the problem, and giving you practical advise for how to proceed (such as explaining the warranty process).Ultimately payment is up to your conscience and discretion. If you feel it is fair and reasonable to utilize my time and expertise at no cost, leaving me working for free to help you, you may seek a refund through the help page. Please keep in mind for comparison purposes that had you taken the printer in to a repair shop, you'd be paying a £75-100 diagnostic fee, for the exact same outcome. --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.
Hi, Elizabeth. I am disappointed as well to see that you feel I am responsible for the failure of your printer.I could lose my job because of your rating, and it does not accomplish a refund for you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Nathan, With the aid of a local friend, we worked out how to solve the problem with my printer.
It was a Paper Jam and when the paper was eventually removed and replaced, everything is fine now. Of course I do appreciate what you advised but actually, it wasn't as technical as you envisaged. It definitely wasn't a Hardware issue!
But, thank you anyway for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.
You're welcome, and I'm glad you were able to get it back on track. That error code you mentioned is specific to a hardware problem, which is why I gave the specific information that I did. I'm sure you can appreciate that without being on site, I wouldn't have been able to personally check the machine over for other extraneous causes. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan--Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.
I saw your follow up question about think ink cartridges. Let me respond to that here and close your other one, otherwise you're charged more for the same information. This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement. • If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges need to be replaced, then select Proceed and follow the instructions on the screen. • If you are replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD screen, press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)Open the cartridge coverSqueeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.Close the scanner unit.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.
Were you able to access the cartridges, Elizabeth?
Nathan, Engineer
Experience: Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair