Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have canon inkjet mg 6650 printer. It prints everything (

I have canon inkjet mg 6650 printer. It prints everything ( email, photos, pages from internet etc) except the text from documents ( I use Libre office). If you try to print the document it will print anything previously downloaded to the document and hyperlinks, but no text
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It sounds as if the printer is not printing black ink. If that is the case, then you need to1. check the ink levels, particularly the black ink.2. replace the black ink if it is at a low level.3. If the black ink's level is not low, then you can do a cleaning procedure to try to get the black ink working... let me know if that is the case, and I will send you further instructions as to what to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Russell,Thanks,The problem does seem to be in this area.
The ink levels were OK. I ran a deep clean and it began working , but it produced an array of good and partial printing. I deep cleaned it again and it became very poor. I then did a normal clean and it got better, but still not right. I am not convinced that keeping cleaning it will fully sort it out. Do you have further thoughts?Regards, *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Russell,I saw that there were other replies on the site and followed one of these.
I unplugged the printer and left it off , for a while, turned it on again , ran another clean and that seems to have sorted the problemRegards,Barry Hill
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Cleaning does eventually clear up ink nozzle and ink system clogging. But it can take three or four cleaning cycles, as you have seen. I'm glad to hear that there were good results. Please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. Thanks.