Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I reading your thread about

I reading your thread about the printer error Stopped "Filter' Failed.
I tried resetting the printing system and added the printer to no avail. It prints a test page
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Please try:Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then click on Sharing.Do one of the followings:If the Computer Name field is blank, enter a name for your computer, anything you want.If there is a name in the Computer Name field, rename your computer, anything you want.Close the Sharing window.Then check printing.If that does not work, click on the Apple logo menu, then System Preferences, then Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax), then select your printer in the Printer list. Click Options and Supplies, if available., then click on the General tab, if necessary. In the Location field, enter the exact same computer name you entered in step 2. Click OK.Check printing.If needed, restart the computer, then check printing.- If it still does not work, please let me know the model of your printer, and if you have downloaded / installed the latest printer's driver, if any, yet.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Did you try my steps about checking on the computer name / location name?Please stay with me on this web page. Please only type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, i tried all the steps. Also reset printing and reinstalled printer. Still getting error.
Thank you; Please click on the Apple logo / menu > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy > General tab, then click on the option Anywhere, if available, then click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, so I can help you directly:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=50fac09f-3ed9-4dbd-b53a-7624534d6247&Type=Java, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Canon Mx860
Can you click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on About this Mac..., then let me know your Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.?
After the OS X update is finished, please add the printer back, then see if you can print.Note: Do not delete the cups folder on the Desktop screen.Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After the installagion of the upgrade, I added the printer and it works fine. I cannot find any record of this case or charges. Can you you provide me with a case number ***** a transcript. There is nothing in my email nor my spam folder.
Great. I'll have our customer service email you soon about the billing. If you have any concern, please reply back any time. If you have any computer issue in the future, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience going through the remote support session with me.