Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Canon MP560 printer, I've had it about 6 years, it

Customer Question

I have a Canon MP560 printer, I've had it about 6 years, it has been very good.
Now, something has gone wrong as it is either printing mushy one or two line, then all blank or may be at first or some times printing full page but some lines mixing with others, mushy or unreadable.
Tour help would be much appreciated.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. You can try things to correct your printer's performance. Though it is true, after 6 years, it is quite possible that it is permanently damaged from old age... nonetheless, these things may help: 1. do printhead cleanings, several of them. This may increase clarity. 2. align the printhead. This has a good chance of straightening out the problem. 3. clean the feed rollers. For a man who is 79, this may not be easy, since it may be strenuous to arthritis in the hands. Perhaps you can get someone younger to do the labor of it? I hope so.Cleaning the feed rollers may prevent the paper from slipping a little in the grasp of the printer's workings, as it goes through. When it slips, the print quality suffers. The first two processes listed above, are automatically done by the printer, by and large, when you command it to. In order to tell you how to command the printer, please tell me what computer you have: a Windows PC ? or an Apple computer ?With that information, I will be able to give you complete detailed instructions. Please use Reply To Expert and let me know. Thanks.