Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Canon MG6650 printer - am trying to print photos

Customer Question

I have a Canon MG6650 printer - am trying to print photos for the first time but they are all coming out a weird reddish colour. The ink levels are fine and I am using just a standard glossy photo paper - what is wrong and how do I fix it?
Thanks,
Iona
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try doing a Head Cleaning, then wait 10 minutes with the printer On but unused otherwise, then try doing another Head Cleaning. The Head Cleaning may be directed from either the Maintenance tab of your printer's software... or if you have an Apple computer, from the Utilities button in your printer's settings.Or else you may go to the Maintenance section of your printer's own settings, and do the Head Cleanings there. Let me know how it goes, please. (The discoloration of ink may be caused by various factors. The Head Cleaning essentially washes accumulation of discolored ink away, as well as doing several other things.)