Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My sharp AL-1043 printer/photocopier will not print. The display

my sharp AL-1043 printer/photocopier will not print. The display keeps flashing between the number 4 and the letter H. How can I put his right?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I regret to have to report that an H4 error in your Sharp printer/photocopier, means the heat roller (commonly known as the fuser roller) did not reach the right temperature. This usually means that the heating element has failed. Sometimes the thermal/temperature sensor has failed and the element has heated but the heat has not been sensed, but most usually the heating element or its thermal overload fuse (or, thermal fuse) has failed.You can tell: have the Sharp device turned On for a while, then turn it Off, and hold a hand near (but not touching, to avoid perhaps burning your skin) the heat roller. If it feels cool, or not very hot, then the heating element or the thermal fuse has failed. Replacing the heat roller assembly, or fuser assembly, is the usual way to treat this problem.