Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Printer says no paper but there is paper and still not

Hi, printer says no paper but there is paper and still not working. Rosaleen
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer was not connected to the socket overnight. I have turned it on and it is not working. It is exactly like yesterday, two orange flashing lights followed by green and no printing happening.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you disconnect the power to the printer please.Then open it up and using a vacuum cleaner, clean out the inside of the printer. Try to look for a very small;y piece of paper that is setting off the sensors. Even a small ripped piece can cause this.Then connect it back up and tell me if it then prints please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I will do that now. Am puzzled though. As I said at the start, when I reset the printer yesterday a page did print out, clean and perfect. Surely this indicates there is nothing, no bit of paper, stuck inside ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This can be the page that was already in the system and it would eject this, but not allow any new pages in
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that makes sense. I've just vacuumed all open parts and the problem persists when I tried to print. Same old thing....Have never had problems before, always worked a dream. What now ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal paper sensor that has faulted. It is giving a false reading. We have ruled out all the other causes for this. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you