Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My computer is stating that my Canon printer is in error mode,

My computer is stating that my Canon printer is in error mode, can you advise me what I need to do.
Jayne
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your Canon printer?Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Canon MP 480
USB cable
Windows 10
Thank you. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I try and copy the printer sounds as if it's doing everything to print but just sends out a blank piece of paper
You did put a document / photo faced down on the printer's glass right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep.
Have you tried to clean the printhead? I'm writing the steps now; please wait a bit. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have cleaned the printer head.
You used the cleaning option from the Maintenance menu on the printer right? Reference:https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART103414&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1460624794570Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's right, I have just tried to copy again same piece of paper same positon i.e. right way up and it's just printed it. When I Google this they talked about drivers being out of date??
Great, then it looks like the ink is good. Was this printer working fine on this Windows 10 previously? When did it first stop working?Was there any change recently to the computer that may have caused this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stopped working at the weekend and yes it have been fine with Windows 10 until then.
Thank you. Please try the following steps on your Windows 10 computer:Disconnect the printer's USB cable from the computer for now.Right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Control Panel.; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open.)Open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers.Right-click on the Canon printer and remove it for now and confirm. Make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.Re-connect the printer's USB cable securely to both printer and computer.Wait a bit and the printer should be automatically be reinstalled.See if you can print something now.- That should work, but if not, we can update the driver; I will provide that instructions as needed.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing has happened no printing?
Sorry, were you able to delete the printer successfully? And when you re-connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer, did it re-reinstall automatically?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I deleted the printer it asked me if that is what I wanted to do and I clicked yes, there was nothing to indicate it had re-installed i.e. no message?
Is this a desktop or laptop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a lap top, I have just gone back in and the printer is still there so it didn't delete it, when I hover over it it says printer is in error
Can I connect remotely to your computer so I can troubleshoot this issue directly for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure I know there is a fee of £7 but that's fine.
Thank you; we guarantee our service. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=87fc3eef-b871-4a26-bd0a-05a4938b2927, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=87fc3eef-b871-4a26-bd0a-05a4938b2927, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
I have helped via remote support. Summary: Black printing is fine now. Color has issue; per our conversation, please try cleaning the color ink cartridge / color ink slot physically. If needed, try with a new color ink cartridge. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.