Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I changed my ink cartridges on 12/4 as instructed by

I changed my ink cartridges on 12/4 as instructed by Richard. That worked. But when I printed out copies there was a black streak on the paper. He advised me how to get rid of this streak. I followed his instructions and the copy was clean. Yesterday when I started to print again, the black streak is back. What do I do? Thanks.This is an Officejet Pro 6830
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am still waiting for an answer.
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 11 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem. You will need to use a printhead cleaning kit. It comes with instructions and you can find it here ===> http://amzn.to/23Q6hhM <==== Click HereThe kit is very easy to use and it usually works. Otherwise they will give you a $15 refund. =====Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges. Please read below also: Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated. If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead. Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!! John=====
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply. I am 84 years old and not adept at using an item such as you suggest - the printhead cleaning kit. My HP printer is less than three months old and I am not a heavy user. I would hope there is a simpler way to correct this problem, other than buying kits that I will not be able to use. Suggestion please. Also why does it print a clean page from the computer and not from the printer itself. Thank you.
Are you using genuine HP cartridges? Or generic ones?
Are you using genuine HP cartridges? Or generic/refilled ones?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am using genuine HP cartridges. HP sent them to me. I am enrolled in their Instant Ink replacement service.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please continue the online conversation. Forget about the Secure Remote Assistance.
OK, no problem. If you are using genuine HP cartridges and you get the issue, then the printheads are defective. Is your printer still in warranty?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes. The printer is still in warranty.
If the printer is still in warranty, please call HP and explain the issue to them. They will send you new printheads for free. Remember that the printheads are not ink cartridges. A printhead "puts" the ink into the paper. You can call them at 1(###) ###-####
Experience: CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't want secure remote assistance. Do not charge me