Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Richard. Got this MG7550 8-9 months ago and has never communicated

Customer Question

Hi Richard. Got this MG7550 8-9 months ago and has never communicated wirelessly reliably with the mac. it goes through the motions "communicating" when we send a document to print but at least 50% fails to complete, prints parts of a document (particularly if we go through our airport -therefore we have selected our regular vodafone router). Your advice would be much appreciated. Niall
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should also say that our windows 10 based desktop doesn't seem to find the printer - it did initially when we bought it.the blue tooth indicator is on and the computer does find our router and airport hub
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the printer also finds the router and airport hub
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. First, setup wireless on your printer properly by following the instructions in the link below. Go to link, click Solution and follow the instructions listed under Wireless Setup Using Standard Setup.http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/content/faq/?itemid=tcm:13-1193261 Then, follow the instructions below. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N