nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have changed my ink patron the magenta one--and think I tried

I have changed my ink patron the magenta one--and think I tried ALL ways to get the printer to work--it comes up with the same: cannot detect -magenta
Category: Printers
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Hans. Welcome to justanswer. Does your magenta cartridge have a chip on top of it? If yes, remove it and replace it with the one that earlier worked fine. (the one which got empty). Now put the cartridge into the printer and check if it works or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hva tried with the old cartridge -the one that worked fine -too I have tried with another new cartridge -without resiult
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think thde is a chip -on the oher hand,it is not easy to detect sand remove/change
Are you replacing the cartridge with printer turned OFF?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have changed with the printer turned off-but I wil do it again now--I just dit it and--turned it on, and the same failure occurs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using ubuntu and wifi connection --I see I could get a new printer cheaper -it is irritating my a lot-thanks anyhow
Most probably the mechanism which identifies the cartridge is faulty. There is an infrared light source and a sensor in between the ink tube and the spring device, and it is the same place where the leaver which moves with the ink level is situated. It is the sensor, the infrared source or the circuitry which may be defective.You can either take it to a repair shop or can buy a new cheaper alternative.-------------------------------------------------------------------Please rate the chat POSITIVELY. Thanks.
Thanks for the rating Hans. Have a good day.