Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Xerox phaser 7400 duplex printer. despite all checks and on

Customer Question

xerox phaser 7400 duplex printer. despite all checks and on screen instruction the printer produces a sheet of A3 TOTALLY COVERED IN ONE COLOUR SOMETIMES CYAN /MAGENTA OR BLACK
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I regret to have to inform you, under the circumstances a 'wandering' occurrence of the 'solid black [or other color] page' means a fairly pricey replacement must be made. If one of the high voltages produced by the high voltage power supply is uncertain, then the solid black/color page will occur. Also, if the control circuitry in the printer malfunctions in certain ways, the solid color page will occur for somewhat different reasons. The only thing that doesn't involve expensive replacements of either power supply/supplies, and/or logic boards or control boards, would be the electrical contacts being obscured or blocked by dirt/dust/toner loose in the machine. So try re-seating some removable components in the black (and the cyan, and the magenta) sections of the machine, noting as you do so, whether there is loose/spilled toner about in those sections. If there is, a general cleaning of those sections of the machine that show loose toner would be in order. If so, let me know, and I will give you instructions on how to go about cleaning up the machine's interior safely and well.