Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Mg5650 printer.Paper jammed & torn. Remains of paper in the

Customer Question

mg5650 printer.Paper jammed & torn. Remains of paper in the back of the printer. Can't get to it from underside.
HELP!!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. In a case like that, you either need to remove the duplex unit in back by pressing in the latches on it and pulling it out, or you need to turn the printer carefully on one of its sides (not the other! and await instructions, please, it's easy to break the printer when this is done wrong) to access the slot in the bottom of the printer, from which paper stuck deep in the printer can sometimes be extracted.Also, on occasion, a Canon printer with paper stuck inside it, when turned Off, then let to sit for a minute or two, then turned On again, may expel the paper inside it as part of its power-On initialization, so that is to be tried too, before more difficult measures. Let me know, and as appropriate I will give you exact instructions as to how to turn the printer on its side without breaking anything, and/or how to remove the rear duplexer or open the back of the printer, as appropriate to your exact model and if the above measure fails. Thanks.