Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a MG4250 printer attempted to replace black ink cartridge

I have a MG4250 printer attempted to replace black ink cartridge but uncertain upon correct loading after removing old cartridge I shutpaper feed and reread instruction sheet. How ever upon resuming loading process found automatic ink door will not open. Have shut down and retried a few times but ink door will not open. Is there any way to get this to function normally?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Turn it Off. Try again. Why did you shut the paper feed? open it again, it may be vital to getting things working properly.The black ink cartridge slot should be the only one open if you removed only one cartridge.And usually there is color-coding to show what color of cartridge goes where, helpfully. Let me know if there is further trouble. If there is no further trouble and your question is answered, please rate my answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay Have tried several times as suggested. The flap concealing both ink cartridges is firmly closed. How can I open it ?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Aside from 'try turning Off the printer for awhile', then try opening the flap over the ink cartridges', I will have more advice... but I have to know what type of computer you print from, also: Windows PC, or Apple computer? please let me know, and I will advise you further.