Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

RichardI bought a Canon MG 5650 printer about a year ago. Worked fa

Customer Question

hi richard
I bought a Canon MG 5650 printer about a year ago. Worked faultlessly in all functions. Now have developed a mecahical fault on paper feed drive.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What is the mechanical fault? does paper always jam in the same place? if so, where in the printer?If so, then does the paper get crinkled or folded or curled? or does it stay flat? If it is always stopping in the area just into the printer from the paper source or paper tray, then you might need to do a Roller Cleaning several times, to improve the feed performance. You might also clean the roller by hand, with a rag cloth moistened in rubbing alcohol, firmly rubbing the plastic or rubber paper feed rollers all over their paper-contacting surfaces three times over. Is the printer over 1 year from purchase date, or under 1 year? the difference being, if it is truly at fault without your having done anything wrong, it will be fixed by Canon under their 1-year warranty on their printers, if you contact Canon about it before the 1-year period runs out, with proof of purchase date at hand.