Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Printer smudged words numbers etc. Do I need Head Alignment

Customer Question

Printer smudged words numbers etc. Do I need Head Alignment to put right iuf so how do I proceed?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try going into the printer's driver settings on your computer - there is usually a way to order Head Alignment from there:Control Panel - Devices and Printersfind the icon for your printer, right-click on it, choose Propertiesand in the Properties for the printer (a.k.a. the driver settings) you go to the Maintenance tab. Head Alignment ought to be there. What ink are you using? if it is not genuine OEM ink, it may produce the smudging effect with time.A Head Cleaning or two first, before the Head Alignment, would be advisable in some cases. You find head cleaning on the same Maintenance menu that I described above. I could instruct you more specifically if I were told what maker and model # ***** printer you have, and whether you have a Windows computer or some other kind. I have made some assumptions in my first effort at an answer, above, that might be wrong guesses, so let me know, and I will advise you differently or additionally as needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model is Cannon MG4250 and I do have a windows computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Good. Try what I suggested. For a Canon printer and for a Windows computer, the advice I gave already fits.Let me know the result, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell
Afraid I have still not been able to solve the problem.
Difficulty finding the menu for Printers Drive settings.
So I can proceed with the rest of your solution
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
(1) First find Control Panel. Search for it if necessary, by entering the keywordsControl Panelin the 'charms' search, if you have a newer Windows computer. If your Windows is older, go toStart button (at lower left)then to Control Panel on the menu that appears. (2) Then after Control Panel, once you have opened it, you look in it forDevices and Printersunder Hardware. (3) And in Devices and Printers, look for your printer's icon. Then right-click on that icon, and select Properties from the small menu that appears. If this proves hard to do at some stage, let me know what stage (for instance, (2)) you had a problem with.