Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Epson Stylus D88 - I put a new black cartridge in two days

Customer Question

Epson Stylus D88 - I put a new black cartridge in two days ago. Now, when I switch on, I get the ink light & paper light flashing together but no green light at the 'on' switch.
Not had this happen before! Printer is about 10 years old!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. At 10 years old, your printer might simply be 'broken', unfortunately. 10 years old is near a record time for a printer to work. That light combination signifies a severe-enough error. Is your printer plugged in to a surge protector, or is it plugged directly into the mains on the wall ? Check on your printer as it reports itself to your computer, though the Epson Status Monitor on your computer - what does that indicate? Check for a paper jam in the paper path through your printer. Also, was the ink cartridge an Epson-OEM-original cartridge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Russell – that’s fine; no more questions.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com.Please feel welcome to return at any time, and as needed, to ask another question, in any one of our numerous categories.