Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon MG5250 printer is not printing from the rear tray.

Customer Question

My Canon MG5250 printer is not printing from the rear tray. It does a lot of clicking but paper is not feeding in. All other functions work ok.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Steve M replied 1 year ago.
Hi,How old is the printer please?Is there plenty of paper in the rear tray?Has it been doing this before and slightly getting worse?It sounds like the pickup rollers could be dirty / wearing out.I will try and find some info for you.Quick question:- The paper in the rear tray - Is it brand new out of the packet, clean and notcreased / bent or anything?
Expert:  Steve M replied 1 year ago.
Hiya,Here's the main Canon support page for you, which includes a manual etc for you to download if necessary...https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5250.aspx?type=drivers&language=&os=WINDOWS%2010%20(64-bit) There is also https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/contact_support/ - There telephone and email support details (Telephone best bet)Telephone is usually really goo... As it says just have a few details before ringing and they should be able to sort you out ;-) If I'm honest though in my experience if the rollers are worn and get to the point where they aren't picking up, it's usually time to get rid I'm afraid.But like I say, maybe give Canon support a ring and if possible update me to what they said as I would be interested for the future ;-)Hope this helps, Steve.