nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I am trying to scan from my Canon printer to my laptop without

I am trying to scan from my Canon printer to my laptop without success. What am I doing wrong? I am not computer literate
Category: Printers
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 10 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.You need to install driver software of your printer on your laptop. I will give you the link from where you can download the drivers but for that I need to know about the model details of your printer. Reply with which model of canon printer you are using.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That all sounds too complicated for me. My canon printer is MG4250
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think this is all a mistake. Sorry to waste your time. How do I cancel this. I certainly do not want to sign up for anything
No its quite simple. JUST CLICK HERE and you will be directed to a new tab. Scroll down and you will see MG4250 drivers. Click on download. Accept the terms and conditions and a file will get downloaded.
You don't want to continue further?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have said I am not computer literate. I don't know what 'drivers' are. How can I cancel this? I will get someone in to help me.
If you want I can provide you remote assistance.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will that be covered with a one off payment?
Remote assistance will be charged extra. If you don't want to pay extra then just follow what I am telling you to do and you will be good to go.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am sorry for wasting your time. I am very insecure with this system. Will I end up paying? And how much? And will the payment continue or can I cancel it?
You will only be charged if your problem is resolved. You need to rate the session in the end. If you rate it positively, then you will be charged and I will be credited for my services.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. Take me slowly and lets see if we can do it. My printer is a Canon Pixma MG4250. It is connected to my lap top which has Windows 7. I am wanting to scan a six page document to email to someone
CLICK HERE
Scroll down and you will see DOWNLOAD written in blue. Do you see it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think all this has been done in the past. Do I have to do it every time I scan?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have scanned documents in the past its just that this time my printer is not responding and I am not sure what I am doing wrong
No. You need to install it one time. Have you ever used your laptop with the printer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes I have.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
And I see there are some past documents which I have scanned previously that are stored in my laptop
Then you don't need to install anything. Turn off your printer, disconnect it from power and from laptop. Also restart your laptop and then again connect the printer with your laptop.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That all sounds a bit worrying to me. Thank you for your time. I am happy to make this payment as long as it is not repeated and am sorry I wasted your time. I will get someone in to help me.
You need to rate the chat for me to get credited for my services. Do you see stars on the upper panel? Just click them (3 or more for positive).
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
Thanks for the ratings. Cheers!