Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Canon Pixma MG 5650 cannot connect my computer to printer

Canon Pixma MG 5650
cannot connect my computer to printer says it is on standby and I done know how to get it connected
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Which version of Windows do you use and do you use an USB cable to connect the printer with the PC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is wi fi and my computer is Mac OSX I think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only if I don't have to pay more and I do not want to pay monthly as this is a one off problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. This is a one-time support session per your request.- Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?- Was there any change recently to your computer or to your internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?- Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me the Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.?- What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?- Can you please tell me what you've tried, so I won't repeat any step / solution?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience: Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
Thank you. Can you please let me know the followings first:1. Can you please put a document or photo facing down on the printer's glass, then use the Copy option / button on the printer? Does it copy fine or not?2. Was there any change recently to your computer or to your internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?3. Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me the Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.?4. What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?5. Can you please tell me what you've tried, so I won't repeat any step / solution?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes can copy from glass
Only change I was hacked last week now sorted with bt
Mac OS X 10. 7.5
BT Home hub 2.0
Just tried to connect with different wifi and wifi with fon and tried pressing everything on printer but every time computer says not connected and says on standby or some such word I cannot remember
Thank you. Please try the followings first:Solution #1:- Turn off printer, then disconnect the power cords from both printer and internet modem / router device(s) for about 5 minutes, then re-connect. Then wait a few minutes, then check.Solution #2:- If that does not work, please make sure to connect the printer to your correct Wireless Network name (SSID) and Wireless key / password. These information should be at the back / bottom of your BT Home Hub modem / router device.- On the printer's screen, you would go to the option WLAN -> Wireless LAN setup -> Standard Setup, then select / connect to your correct access point (wireless network name / SSID.) Please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations:http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/mg5650_wireless_connection_setup/; there, click on the option Standard Connection Method first, then follow the instructions there.; Once that is successfully, then check printing.If you are stuck at any step please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I did no 1 then added info in wireless utility info and now printed will try another print ok so thank you
Margaret
You're welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much for your patience.