Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a Pixma 5650 printer and scanner purchased December2015.

I have a Pixma 5650 printer and scanner purchased December2015. Set it up and printed a two page letter at the time but have not used it since. Now it will not do anything except give me error code 6000. What should I do ? I have turned it off and taken the plug from the socket and then put it back in. In fact I have done all that the instructions say. What happens now?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome Thelmathis usually refers to a foreign object being inside the printer.Can you unplug the power to the printer please.Open it up (where you put the ink in) and check for anything inside. Any small pieces of paper or items.Once done, close it back up, connect the power and tell me please if it now functions.Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still shows error 6000. Nothing inside of it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing has changed. Asked it to print, goes through the motions, says it is printing but the paper does not move, then the error code comes on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the ink cartridges, then power off the printer by removing the powerThen power on the printer, put the cartridges back in and tell me if it now works please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm sorry but still the same.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. We have ruled out all other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you