VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a canon pixma 3250 and it won't feed the paper through

Customer Question

I have a canon pixma 3250 and it won't feed the paper through - jams every time. there is no paper jammed that I can see from front of printer or from turning it around and looking at the back rollers, was printing fine and now won't feed through - it jams every time no matter what paper I use.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue Sir or Madam. Is this the first time that this has happened? Also, what is the age of the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes first time and it was printing normally before it happened - no printer jam. It is a year and a half old
Please try this video for removing the Paper Jam. Now if it continues, we will need to acquire some Roller conditioner... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mDNwMcPTFI Are there any error codes displayed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already tried all that - as per my initial response there is no paper requiring cleared. The error code is E02 asking for paper to be added. Once it is added it jams.
OK, do you have any compressed air around or a vacuum hose handy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a vacuum hose yes
OK. Avery simply vacuum out the path that the paper takes. Starting from the back as in the video opening the lever in the back of the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok did that.Now the paper feeds in a little bit then jams and scrumples up at the back and gets jammed. The same error message appears E02 paper out.
OK, give me a few minutes please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay that's been an hour and 40 mins ...any other ideas ?
Yes I need you to clean the rollers of your printer. Can you see them from the bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I can
OK. Now you have two choices. You can use an old White T-shirt to clean the Rollers or you can use Roller Cleaner. Please see below: The Link that this information is from. http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/contents/SG/EN/8200049900.html Windows1. Make sure that the printer is on, and then remove any paper from the Rear Tray. 2. Open the printer properties dialog box. 3. Click the Maintenance tab and then Roller Cleaning. 4. Confirm the displayed message and click OK.The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as they clean. 5. Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller stops rotating. When the message appears, load three or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in portrait orientation in the Rear Tray.The roller cleaning requires three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.Set the Paper Thickness Lever to the right. 6. Confirm the displayed message and click OK.The paper that is loaded in the printer will feed through the printer and be ejected. Do not perform any other operation while the Paper Feed Roller is being cleaned. 7. Confirm the displayed message and click OK.If the problem is not resolved, turn off the printer, unplug the power plug, and then wipe the Paper Feed Roller (A) located on the right side inside the Rear Tray with a moistened cotton swab or the like. Rotate the roller (A) manually as you clean it. Do not touch the roller with your fingers; rotate it with the cotton swab. Macintosh1. Make sure that the printer is on, and then remove any paper from the Rear Tray. 2. Open the Canon IJ Printer Utility dialog box. 3. Make sure that Cleaning is selected in the pop-up menu. 4. Click Roller Cleaning. 5. Confirm the displayed message and click OK.The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as they clean. 6. Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller stops rotating. When the message appears, load three or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in portrait orientation in the Rear Tray.The roller cleaning requires three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.Set the Paper Thickness Lever to the right. 7. Confirm the displayed message and click OK.The paper that is loaded in the printer will feed through the printer and be ejected. Do not perform any other operation while the Paper Feed Roller is being cleaned.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sprayway-Rubber-Cleaner-Rejuvenator/dp/B0005JNPE4 The link above is for Printer Roller Cleaner and Re-conditioner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this - have tried it twice but the paper just pulls through and then mangles up
OK. This is a issue with the rollers need to be cleaned.
Hmm, can you send me pictures of the Rollers of the Printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually let's just say case closed as it is obviously needing a service or someone to physically look at it. Thank you for trying.
OK, so where will you take it there?