VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have an Epson Stylus Colour 1520 operated from my G4Mac

Customer Question

I have an Epson Stylus Colour 1520 operated from my G4Mac that has OS9 and OS10 together. I also use the RIP. This printer has been superb since new but now I have problems connecting the computer to the printer. The chooser states the correct Pdf has not been correctly selected. I have been going round in circles and reinstalled drivers etc. I think it is a question of arriving at the correct route that I may have distorted in my endeavours!
This is from an iMac OS 10.4 unfortunately cannot connect with my precious 1520. I hope you can help.Many thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry to hear of the issue.

OK, let us strart from the beginning as to what has happened? Then we will see the best way to proceed. I am sure that the "Bull in the China Shop" will not work in this case...

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The printer is connected to another computer that is not connected to the internet. This can be arranged but the connection is not always positive.
Ok, how did this issue begin?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The chooser responded to the selection of the PS printer and everything worked fine. When opened up the following day the chooser did not respond to any selection and there was no connection whatsoever.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
As a matter of interest how can you connect to the other computer. I have just checked and the WiFi connection is very weak. There is also a different address.
I can remote in if you desire....
I would use Team Viewer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know what that is. The computer in question is used only for print production and the WiFi connection is intermittent. I realise this would be the better way but I would like to have a step-by-step instruction as to how I can get the connection going again. If certain files should be in a certain place then I can follow that - is that at all possible?

How far is it from the WiFi Router? and the make and model of the Router?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The router is BT and about 40 ft from the computer. I think the connection is week as it is the weekend and everything here is slower. If you would prefer to do this then go ahead. I agree to the additional £19.00

Oh, you need only make the offer Sir or Madam...

VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience: I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
As I mentioned, the printer is not connected to this computer. Anything you send to this computer will have to be transferred to the other computer for downloading - or have I got it wrong and the download is meant for this computer?

The other PC is also MAC or Windows?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They are both MACs but the one in question is OS9.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you want the ID and password ***** this computer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Teamviewer is downloaded on this computer. ID***@******.*** Password *****

Once you run Team Viewer Sir or Madam, it will have two sets of numeric digits on the screen. What are they?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
898 550 740 and 22w7za. That is on THIS computer and not the one in question is that OK?

Oh, I need it to be on the one in question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is not working; the computer is OS9 - the Team Viewer requires OS10.I only used OS10 for internet purposes until i had the iMAC (this one). I have transferred the download on OS10 but that doesn't seem work properly. Can I suggest I try to get a better connection to the web, download the Team Viewer directly onto the right computer and send you a message when it is operating?

Give me a few minutes to reason through what you have said.. Thank you...

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In order to save your time, can we postpone this until tomorrow when I HOPE I will have a connection to the internet and have the Team Viewer up and running. I appreciate it is not straightforward and easier for you to work directly with the computer. I will have to upgrade the computer to OS10.5 (it is now 10.4) in order to install TeamViewer. In order to do this I have to have an internet connection and this is the problem which may be better tomorrow.

Need a few minutes to find a Remote software for OS X 9...

Yes, we can do that. You are Five hours ahead of me. So what would be the best time for you???

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Finding a remote for OS9 will not solve the problem because OS9 will not get you into the internet. I have managed to secure a good line to the internet and am now finding a source for upgrading 10.4 to 10.5. TeamWeaver needs 10.5 to open. When I have done this I will get back to you.

Understood...

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If you want to enter the computer that operates the printer you will have to do it through OS9. Can you do this?

Yes in a few hours as I am in the USA and must now sleep as it is 1:03 AM here. I know that you are five hours ahead of me. So what is a goo time to call you this afternoon?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
About 2pm here will be about 7pm for you. I will call you then to see how we can resolve the problem!

OK...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good Morning! It looks as if you will not be able to use Teamviewer unless there is one for OS9.
However I have a plan that may work and that entails you giving me instructions as you would yourself deal with the problem. If you send me your email address I can respond on my iPad and from there I can do as you instruct, doing whatever you would do. Of course you may still be able to get into the computer. Let me know. Thanks
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 7 months ago.

OK, give me a few moments and we can begin.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just another thought!! Can you send me a FREE upgrade download of OS10.58?

LEt me check for that...

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1400?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks I will try that.

Excellent, let me know when you are ready...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry about the delay. The sites are not all that good. I got onto Downloads.com where 10.5 is supposed to be a free download but after clicking DOWNLOAD button nothing has happened. I don't feel inclined to spend more money buying it so I think we will have to carry on. Is it possible you could enter the computer simply by using the ID and password?

OK, that is free from Apple download. You mean to say it did not work for you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. Safari couldn't locate the page and passed me onto the regular Apple site

Hold I will post a new link for you....

I sent you a private link. Did you get it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I received an email from reimage for Mac. 'Clean up and get it running smoother' For Windows.

You did not receive the two emails that I sent you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry, I have just seen your last message. I will get onto that now.

OK..

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Safari can't open 'this secure page' I tried several times but the same result. Also tried through Google who 'did not find results for it'.

I sent you another link...

Let me know if it downloads. If so it will ask for a key and here it is: !PuRKjWff200loKG-k6J7I1d4FZzguiIch8VLu1gpZqI

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tried it. Cloud storage and PDF converters and that's it.

OK. When you use the link it will ask for an Encryption Key. Did you see that screen?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No there was no asking for anything. Safari responded only to https://maga.nz. The remainder of the address was ignored.Hence the list I mentioned earlier.

It appears that it may be blocked by your ISP. Is that BT?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As a matter of interest. Some time ago when I had problems with BT the Provider over the password. The engineer I spoke to -who was in India - managed to get into the computer. I did not have to install anything and I could see the cursor moving around as he opened up various files and solved the problem.

Sir or Madam (Please Note: Tony can be for female or male.) I am in the USA and not within the BT Network. Though the Engineer was in India, he was within BT's IP Cloud Network. Also, as and Engineer of that network he did not need to ask you to install "Third Party" remote control software. He most likely asked you to join a Web Page and you were off to the races. Correct?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is Male. I take your point. Is it possible you can obtain the OS10.5 upgrade and fwd it to me as mentioned earlier. Or the Teamviewer for OS9 which you thought was a possibility. We are not having much luck so far at this end and I would imagine you are getting a bit fed up with it. Can I leave that with you for while as I have to cook my evening meal. I will get back to you later. Thanks.

Not a problem, I will work on the issue.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm back. Have you any thoughts that could move this forward? I can only spend an hour this evening as I have an appointment at 9pm our time. Quite happy to resume tomorrow. (My mothers family were American. My Great, Great Great Grandfather was a Colonel in the Union army. The New Jersey 100 Volunteers!) Just a little fact that might interest you.

Excellent, we are from folks that were booted from the Frech Royal Court a few hundred years back.

French Royal Court.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Was that after the Revolution or was your family of the earlier dynasties? Anyway have you had any thoughts on the subject that we can do something with during the 30 odd minutes?

Earlier, we were called Quest at that time.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hold the phone! I might just have discovered earlier versions of Teamviewer including OS9. Can I suggest you leave this with me. I will look into it when I get back home tonight and you can have a break from this. I will call you tomorrow with the result.

OK, not an issue.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have downloaded the Teamviewer for OS 9.02. ID is###-##-#### ***** 3974. The Dialogue box states we are 'ready to connect'. The address for the computer:***@******.*** Password: Bettyblue2016. Best of luck!!!
Will do so in a few hours as we are 5 to 6 hours behind your time.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I appreciate the time lag. I have to go out this morning but will pick up when I return.

OK, we can at that time...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am available but I must eat. Can you give me an idea of when you will be back on line?

Working with another customer at present. When I am done, I will let you know then...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is 11.35 pm my time and I have to get some sleep. The computer is on together with the printer. You have the ID and password ***** At least you can confirm you can access the computer. I will be available tomorrow afternoon around 3pm (9am your time). If this is OK. The time difference is something we will have to work around otherwise this could drag on.
Ok, let us shoot for 11:00 AM your time. Will that work for you??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is now 3.50pm my time. I have been waiting since 9am and just got your message! However can you get started now?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I should have made it clear I was waiting at 9am your time (3pm my time approx) as stated in my message.

OK, I will connect with you now...

Just need the Credentials from above...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What credentials from above... I don't follow.

Oh, that is from the other MAC. What is the ID and Password ***** the MAC that you placed the older version on?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I GAVE YOU ALL THAT YESTERDAY.

Just checking, It is not numeric?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The ID: 77751940. The password ***** (both numeric)
The address of the computer***@******.***.
The password: Bettyblue2016. if you need it. Both given earlier.

As stated in my last contact, just checking to be sure...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do I need your ID to make the connection?

No, I will connect with you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is flashing asking for 'partners ID connection'

I had an issue connecting with you and must reinstall it to my PC. Please reboot Sir or Madam.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The problem was with the password ***** has been changed to 4339. Try this now.

I must reboot to reinstall the software.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK. You reboot but all is Ok from this end unless you want me to reboot - do you?

Oh, I had an error with my installation on my end. I must reboot to reinstall the program.

Reboot? Yes..

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Done. Password ***** ***** 9875

OK, must reinstall the Team Viewer now...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already reinstalled. the new password ***** as mentioned earlier. Or do you mean I must reinstall again?

Oh, I needed to reinstall. I did.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good. Are we now OK for you to proceed?

After my reinstallation is complete...

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK.

Sorry, maybe I need to buy a MAC? ;-)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I thought you were working from a MAC how else could you do the work on a MAC.
Does this mean you are unable to do the job?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't mind if that is the case. I just want to be sure I have my money back.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know the position.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am going to have my evening meal. It would appear the job cannot be done. If I don't receive a message from you by the end of the day (my day) I will assume that is the case.

Trying to connect with you. Having a Technical issue on my end.