Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a Pixma MG5450 printer. Error B200 has shown on

I have a Pixma MG5450 printer. Error B200 has shown on screen. I have unplugged as requested. What do I do now please?
Lilias Banfill
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already done this but there is still the same B200 fault.
I have to go out now Richard but will be back 2.5 hours.
Lilias
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** backurn off the printerOpen the coverTurn on the printerWait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half wayBefore print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.Leave the Printer turned on.Tell me if this clears it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard
We've tried doing your suggestion twice but we are back to B200!
Lilias
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you