Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have the Canon MX925 showing code 6000. There is

I have the Canon MX925 showing code 6000. There is definitely no paper jam. I have tried your suggestion of unplugging and moving the print cradle but this hasn't worked. Any other ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that twice and it hasn't solved the problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, are you able to open the printer (first remove power) then turn it upside down and shake it to remove anything lodges inside. Even a small item and cause this error.

Once done, use a vacuum cleaner and vacuum it out, then power it on and tell me if it is now functioning please.

Let me know the results

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done that. Couldn't see anything inside when shook it. Tried again. It says Processing, please wait momentarily for a long time, then as soon as changes to Printing comes up with the error Support Code 1312.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If you move the printer carriage by hand when it is powered off, does it move?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have moved it to the right and left several times. It is a little stiff but moves ok.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the internal mainboard or drive motor that has faulted, everything else has been ruled out.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this tested and replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - It is now printing! I was printing on glossy paper this morning when it stopped printing. I tried printing on a sheet on normal paper and it printed ok. I have reverted to the glossy and it is printing again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then I really think something was blocking it and the steps before remove it but it needed some time to run again

It is the only explanation that fits.

But great we got it running again, if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit